Home Forums General Discussion How fast can you create a product?

This topic contains 28 replies, has 16 voices, and was last updated by  snginc View Post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)
  • Author

I run a mastermind group and from time to time we have run contests.  One of the complaints we had was that we didnt give them enough time to create a product.  My question to you all is what is the SHORTEST time you need to create a product?  For me its an hour.

I’m lying…I can create a product in 5 mins!

What do you do with all the products you create? do you sell them?

It depends on one’s definition of “product”. I have seen some so called products that are an insult to the world of commerce, and yes, those can be created very fast.  Text files from purchased PLR converted into pdf’s and full of misspellings and grammar errors, and slapping a new eCover on it… (not a product).  Audio files that sound like crap… (not a product). Cheap looking videos of a power point that have a white background and black text with a really bad voice over recorded on a cheap mic… (not a product). And yet these are offered to the public in the IM world. I guess you could ask: “how fast can you create a quality product. Which in my opinion does not include the above.

the majority of them I have sold (40 so far).  The rest I use as giveaways to build my lists.

What do you do with all the products you create? do you sell them?

Yes quality is a must.  There is nothing wrong with using quality plr to create products. Its done every day of the week.  I did a post earlier today where I dissected a guy’s product which was a package of software he created and plr products that rounded out the package.  He’s already sold at least 50 so I would say there is definitely some quality there.

It depends on one’s definition of “product”. I have seen some so called products that are an insult to the world of commerce, and yes, those can be created very fast. Text files from purchased PLR converted into pdf’s and full of misspellings and grammar errors, and slapping a new eCover on it… (not a product). Audio files that sound like crap… (not a product). Cheap looking videos of a power point that have a white background and black text with a really bad voice over recorded on a cheap mic… (not a product). And yet these are offered to the public in the IM world. I guess you could ask: “how fast can you create a quality product. Which in my opinion does not include the above.

How fast a product can be created really depends on what kind of product you’re talking about. As a creator of Ebooks, one has an easier time than someone who creates complicated software, for example.

As a general rule, don’t try to create them too quickly. The quality has to be there. If you rush a product and it’s crap, your customers won’t like it and you’ll ruin your rep. So be careful.

If you really want to create an exceptional product you will have to take out the fast part, that is the number one issue effecting info product marketers, simply put there is no way to produce the kind of long lasting quality product without putting the time, effort and research, that insures a quality revenue positive product.

I agree it takes time to create a quality product, especially if you do it by yourself. If, however, you already have a great system in place and a reliable team to do the work for you, you could get a product done very quickly.

Most of he products I created are informational products and each one took me at least a month to put together.

I think product creation is a mixed bucket. Here is why, it depends on where you are in the creation process. For example, if you have done it before – it becomes easy. If you have never done it, it can be hard. To top this off, people make it harder than it has to be too.

Using PLR and I mean quality PLR is a great way to give your product a quick start. Now, what format to use: ebook? video? mp3 or mp4? etc. Those things also come into play with the timing.

in your opinions, where should we go for quality PLR products?

in your opinions, where should we go for quality PLR products?

Here are the most popular sources:

http://plrlist.com

Here are the most popular sources: http://plrlist.com

Thanks for the list. I’ve checked out some of the sites listed and they seem great. I’ll probably join one or two this week. Or should I just stick with the download section here? What do you say? I’m still undecided, lol.

@Ruck I am in a couple of PLR member ships.  Each one offers different things.  Join one and if you dont find what you are looking for try another one.  its all about personal taste and what you are looking for.  I am in one plr membership site specifically because it deals with the self help niche.  Another I am in because they have plr products in a broad area of niches…they both work for various aspects of my online businesses but neither does it alone.

For the top PLR around, I highly recommend BestQualityPLR.com – Justin’s stuff is wonderful.  Each package comes with a full graphics accompaniment and usually tons of other stuff.  It’s so good that it’s hard to discard the images and make your own (which you SHOULD be doing).

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 29 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.