Home Forums General Discussion What salary could you comfortably live off?

This topic contains 35 replies, has 35 voices, and was last updated by Profile photo of success success View Post.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)
  • Author

What salary could you live off?

We constantly hear how people want to have millions and millions of money in the bank but in reality, what would be your ideal monthly salary? What could you live off that you’d be happy and comfortable with?

Obviously we would all like millions…

For me it’s only $5,000/month. this would be more than enough for me and my family to live happy and confortable.

At 1 point in my life I was making 10K a month but to live comfortably 5K works fine.

At one point in my life I was making six figures and life was a bowl of cherries. But then a recession came along and all that went away. Poof! And… It was gone with the wind…

So for now 5K would be a nice income to catapult upwards on.

Thanks for the question @acura

Robert

PS – I wouldn’t be telling y’all this except to testify to the fact that real money can be made and consistently.

I agree ^^.

I can live comfortably with 5k.

$5K was my instant thought before I even read any of the other responses…seems that great minds really do think alike! 🙂

Same for me as well.

$5K was my instant thought before I even read any of the other responses…seems that great minds really do think alike! :-)

I could live nicely with $10k a month.

Honestly, if you owned all your possessions and had no outstanding loans or credit cards, you could live quite nicely off just 3k a month. Unless you lived in some high standard of living city like NY.

5k works fine for me too.

I hope that could be really soon 🙂

Same as others. I feel like I can live comfortably raking in $5,000 a month.

OK. I don’t live in the US, so for me, 3k per month is enough to live nicely………………But I don’t mind earning more……

I live in the U.S. as well, but 4k would give me a comfortable enough lifestyle. I wouldn’t complain if I made more, but I would if I complained if I made less.

I think it really depends. In this picture am I just “me” or am I “me” with my family? We have four people in the house, six pets, two car payments (one ends this year, thankfully) and we own our home with minimal debt. Which “me” do I get to pick? 🙂

@Lemme, let’s say it’s just you. How much money would you need per month to live comfortably?

$5k would be enough for me too, but as @series said, i wouldn’t complain if i made more 🙂

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 36 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.